maandag 9 december 2013

They remain (Poem)

When you travel as much as I do and everything in your life: people, places, climate, etc. changes all the time, after a while you yearn desperately for some stability. You start looking for those little things that give you some sense of security. These things, in the middle of the chaos and the constant changes, still remain. Some of those things for me are the singing of the birds, the smell of grass and... The stars. Wherever I go: the birds still sing the same songs, the grass still smells the same way and when I look up to the sky on a starry night I see the same constellations as I used to back home. Those little things give me comfort when I tend to get overwhelmed by the speed of which everything around me keeps changing. 


They remain...

No matter where you are,
On a mountain top or amidst the desert sand,
You will see the stars,
When you’re traveling across the land.

Wherever you go those stars are the same,
High up in the sky like a flickering flame,
Such hope they contain,
            ‘Cause they do remain.            

No matter how lonely you might think you are,
Look up to the sky,
And when you see the stars,
Remember they don’t say goodbye.

Whatever you feel, those stars are the same,
High up in the sky like a flickering flame,
Such hope they contain,
‘Cause they do remain.
They do remain…







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten