We`re going to need a lot of refreshing drinks this Ramadan and here`s another yummy one!
This is a very popular drink in Saudi Arabia and as temperatures easily reach 50 degrees in summer, I guess the Saudis know something about refreshing drinks. :-)
* 1 red apple
* 1 orange
* 1 cup of fresh mint
* 1.5l of white grape juice OR 1l of sprite/sparkling water combined with 0.5l of apple juice
* Ice cubes (regular or rose water infused)
- Slice the red apple and orange into big parts and add the pieces together in a jug.
- Add one cup of mint leaves.
- Pour the white grape juice/sprite/sparkling water into the jug, over the apple, orange and mint.
- Place the jug in the refrigerator for some time before serving.
The best time to make this drink is the evening before, so you`ve got a wonderful cool drink to start your day! (If you make the drink with sparkling water or sprite, I suggest you don`t do this, as all the bubbles will have gone. So if you`ld like a bubbly drink, I suggest you make it with already cooled sprite or sparkling water and serve it right away.)